Funds when you need them
We have eliminated the burden of the traditional application and approval process so you can get fast and easy access to your money.
How it works
Learn about our simple application process, so you can spend less time worrying about cash flow and more time with patients.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Optum Pay Advance is a health care financing solution that provides access to capital via a loan from Optum Bank.
Optum Pay Advance offers easy access to capital determined by your claim history and comes with one affordable, transparent fixed fee. Repayment is simple and automated as a percentage of your future Optum Pay payments. There are no hidden fees, periodic interest charges or pre-payment penalty.
The process is simple:
- Complete a quick registration that includes information about your business and yourself, as the authorized representative
- If eligible, receive loan offers tailored to your practice
- Select your loan amount and corresponding repayment rate. Accepted Optum Pay Advance offers are funded within a few business days.
- Repayment is automated with a percentage of each claim payment
In general, eligibility is reviewed regularly and is determined based on a variety of factors.* At a minimum, we require the following to be true for your organization to be considered for an offer:
- Is an active Optum Pay customer with at least 24 months of current Optum Pay ACH payment history
- Receives at least one payment per month through Optum Pay
- Has no outstanding and/or uncollected balance from a prior Optum Financial loan
*Optum Financial reserves the right to apply additional eligibility criteria as necessary which may not be described here.
Optum Pay Advance applies a single fixed fee for the loan. When we make an offer, that fee amount will be presented transparently with the offer. There are no hidden fees.
Your future Optum Pay payments will be directed into your Financial Account (virtual bank account) and repayment is automatically applied.†
Here’s how it works:
- Your Optum Pay ACH payment is deposited into your Financial Account
- We then automatically deduct a portion of the payment to repay your loan in accordance with your loan agreement
- The net funds of each payment (deposit less repayment amount) will be automatically transferred into your verified bank account that is on file with us
Here’s an example of what a repayment would look like in your virtual bank account**:
- You receive an $100 payment via Optum Pay deposited into your Financial Account
- $35 is then deducted for repayment of your loan
- $65 is transferred to the external bank account that is on file with us
**This is for example purposes only. Repayment amounts for your loan are dependent on your loan agreement. Please refer to your loan agreement for full details.
Go to https://www.optum.com/lp/advance.html and fill out the form to submit your registration. If you are eligible to participate, you will receive a secure email invitation to apply for the program.
- Registration form is simple and asks for information about your business and yourself, as the authorized representative.
- No personal credit checks or personal guarantees required.
Let's work together
As your partner, we invest in your practice, offering tools, support and funding to help you thrive.