Extra support for your personal life
For reimbursements, you can simply submit claims online or through the Optum Financial mobile app. Your employer will specify how payment is reimbursed — by paycheck, direct deposit or a separate check.
Lifestyle account expense examples
A lifestyle account may include expenses like these, depending on your employer's plan design.
Wellness and education
- Wellness — fitness classes, gym memberships, nutrition counseling, sports leagues, ski passes, meditation and fitness equipment
- Financial planning — financial planning and estate planning
- Adult education — career education, adult learning and personal enrichment
- College admissions preparation — coaching, counseling, seminars and tools
Crisis relief (pre-tax qualified in some cases for emergency conditions)
- Childcare — day care, preschool and babysitting, nanny or au pair services
- Housing — mortgage/rent, internet fees and home office supplies
- Utility and grocery — general household utilities such as gas, electric and water, as well as grocery purchases and delivery
Family and finance (pre-tax qualified accounts)
- Adoption — legal/agency fees and travel costs
- Tuition reimbursement — tuition, books and program fees