Our travel clinic offers international travel consultations, immunizations and care to help stop travel-related injuries and illnesses. We provide complete travel medicine services for patients age 18 and older.
We suggest you schedule your vaccination appointment six to eight weeks before your departure. In most cases, we can schedule a travel medicine appointment and immunizations the same day or the next business day.
Please remember that most travel vaccines should be completed at least 14 days before you travel.
Some immunizations may take as long as four to six weeks to complete, so make your appointment as soon as possible.
What we offer
Make a travel clinic appointment before your trip to talk about:
- Your current health status and medical history
- General and specific international health guidelines
- Required and recommended travel immunizations and vaccines
- Your current health risks (chances of having a problem)
- Travel alerts and disease outbreaks in the regions you’ll be visiting
- Medicine to help stop possible problems, such as traveler’s diarrhea and malaria
- The details of your trip and the countries you’ll be visiting, including your destination or cruise route, upon request
At your appointment, we’ll also go over the possible health effects of:
- Jet lag
- Food or water
- Chronic (long-term) illnesses you may have
The most common vaccines needed include:
- Typhoid fever immunization
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccines, for international travelers visiting certain countries
- Meningococcal immunization, for travelers younger than 56 traveling to parts of Africa and Saudi Arabia
- Yellow fever vaccination, with required international travel certificate (not available right now due to manufacturer shortage)
If you get sick during your trip or after you return home, you can be seen right away by your primary care doctor. We can also help you with:
- Figuring out what illness you have after a trip
- Treating your illness, including any follow-up care you need
If you're not an Optum Care Primary Care patient, we can send the notes from your clinic appointment to your doctor to help you get the care you need, when you need it.
Most plans don’t cover travel services. Full payment for all travel-related care services is due at the time of your appointment.
Preparing for your visit
Our patient resources will help you get the most out of your visit to the doctor.
Arizona community events
Attend local events at one of our Optum Care Community Centers.