We’re in this together
As a woman who has a bleeding disorder, you face unique challenges that can affect your quality of life.
Many inherited bleeding disorders can cause uncomfortable symptoms. The most common bleeding disorder is von Willebrand disease. Others include hemophilia, platelet dysfunction and other rare bleeding disorders.
Optum® Women’s Bleeding Disorder Support (OWBDS) offers the resources you need on every step of your care journey.
How OWBDS can help you
Living with a bleeding disorder can be challenging. OWBDS is here to help. We offer these specialized resources:
- A bleeding health history form to help you talk with your doctor
- Medication and supplies for your condition
- In-home infusion and education nursing services
- A custom physical therapy program
- Medication logs
- A medical alert ID
- School education and care coordination
- One-to-one customer service
- Educational offerings for all ages
- Connection with other women who have bleeding disorders for support and networking
- Tailored resources about bleeding disorders for you, your family and your school or workplace