Work with your Optum doctor
At Optum, your doctor wants you to reach your goals. Together, you can work out which ones make the most sense for you. This includes the bigger “life” goals that being healthy will help you reach.
What about your health is important to you?
Your doctor can help you answer questions like:
- Do you have diabetes or heart disease or another long-term medical problem?
- What does your doctor say you should focus on?
- What will be your top goal?
- Don’t try to do too much at once.
Goals can help you live the life you want
Set goals that makes a real difference in the way you live. Ask yourself:
- Do you have a trip in mind you’ve always wanted to take?
- Is there a sport you enjoy?
- Do you just want to feel more confident?
How does your health affect your loved ones?
What kind of promise are you more likely to keep? A goal that’s all about you? Or one that says, “I’d like to play softball with my grandkids?” Or “I’d like my daughter not to worry about me so much.” Think through what can motivate you to make a change is important.
The best part about SMART goals is that they "stick." Even a small change that lasts can make a big difference.
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for professional health care. You should consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs.