Find out how choosing the right Medicare Advantage plan gives you better health care at lower costs.
Get help from an agent
We'll connect you with an independent insurance agent to help you find the right plan for you.
Health and wellness library
Find the latest news, health tips and wellness resources to help you live your healthiest life.
Medicare Advantage resources
Read more about programs and services to help you stay active and healthy.
Frequently asked questions
By putting the patient back at the heart of medicine and the physician at its forefront.
We achieve this, thanks to our nationwide system of value-based care. And we have the scale and influence to make an impact on our national health system.
- Optum drove $80 million in health care cost savings in 2018.
- Our goal is to keep costs down; no more than 1.5% growth year over year.
- The Optum scale is capable of driving meaningful impact (we serve over 17.5 million patients nationwide).
Above all else, people want to get well. At Optum, this isn't just the patient’s priority, it's ours, too. That’s why our physicians don’t focus on the number of patients they see each day. They work hard to keep each patient as healthy as possible.
We encourage our physicians to build deep relationships with their patients, and spend time to answer every question.
Our goal is to keep patients out of the hospital so they can live healthy, active lives. Our care model tracks results and gives our doctors incentives to deliver better care.
When we do recommend specific care, it must be entirely justified by one simple standard: the patient’s best interest.
Our OptimalCare process uses data and algorithms to get patients the care that they need. As a result, we've reduced:
- Unneeded low-grade prostate cancer procedures by 70% in mature markets
- Unnecessary stress tests by 20% in mature markets
At Optum, we work hard to keep patients healthy, not just treat them when they’re sick. Our care is always in the best interest of patients’ physical and financial health.
Our efforts toward value-based care are making a meaningful impact. We’ve achieved:
- A 30% lower cost of care in mature markets, compared to traditional Medicare fee-for-service
- The lowest cost per patient in our Riverside Medical Group, compared to other large medical groups in New Jersey
- A significant rise in referrals to highest efficiency providers (22 points after 2.5 months)
We live in an amazing age of rapid discovery. At Optum, our doctors don't just keep up with the latest research. They regularly work with colleagues across the country to find new ways to deliver better care.
Take care of your prescriptions, all in one place
Get the most out of your health account dollars
Find health products at prices you'll love