Lifestyle spending accounts
Help those facing life challenges outside of the work environment and improve their work-life balance.
Total plan flexibility
Lifestyle spending accounts offer the freedom to select the type of eligible expenses covered. Accounts can be funded the same across all employees or adjusted to accommodate different tiers of contributions.
For reimbursements, employees simply submit claims online or through the Optum Financial mobile app. Employers specify how payment is reimbursed — by paycheck, direct deposit or a separate check.
Peace of mind
Ease employees’ concerns with added financial support.
Employer chooses eligible expenses, funding and reimbursement options.
Ease of use
With convenient, quick setup, we offer easy access and minimal paperwork.
Lifestyle (post-tax options)
- Wellness — fitness classes, gym memberships, nutrition counseling, sports leagues, ski passes, meditation and fitness equipment
- Financial planning — financial planning and estate planning
- Adult education — career education, adult learning and personal enrichment
- College admissions preparation — coaching, counseling, seminars and tools
Crisis relief (pre-tax qualified in some cases for emergency conditions)
- Childcare — day care, preschool and babysitting, nanny or au pair services
- Housing — mortgage/rent, internet fees and home office supplies
- Utility and grocery — general household utilities such as gas, electric and water, as well as grocery purchases and delivery
Family and finance (pre-tax qualified accounts)
- Adoption — legal/agency fees and travel costs
- Tuition reimbursement — tuition, books and program fees