During a time of unprecedented crisis in our nation’s history, federal health agencies are experiencing significant demands for services. There is mounting pressure to quickly modernize their systems, reduce costs and increase quality and value to citizens.
America’s health care system transforming simultaneously adds complexity. Agencies need trusted partners with the capabilities, experience and scale to support their mission and improve community health and well-being.
As a leading health services and innovation company that serves the nation’s entire health system, Optum understands these challenges. That’s why OptumServe was created — to help federal health agencies tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care.
Today, OptumServe is the federal health services business of both Optum and UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH). It brings together the vast resources and clinical insights of UnitedHealthcare’s unique health services, along with the innovation, technology and scalability of Optum.
Each day, our mission is clear: Help federal agencies deliver their mission and improve the health and well-being of those they serve. This includes helping agencies increase modernization, providing solutions to support operational effectiveness and readiness in military health, and guiding the transition to value-based care.
We have decades of government experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Consulting, focused on health/human services policy research and data analytics
- Health services for military, Veteran and civilian populations
- Health IT
- Health care operations
Who we serve
OptumServe is proud to support federal agency efforts to modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. As individuals, we feel called to serve all those who serve our country, including the following agencies:
Department of Health and Human Services
- Administration for Children and Families
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Office of Public Health and Science
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Department of Defense
- Defense Health Agency
- National Guard Bureau
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Benefits Administration
Department of Education
Office of Personnel Management
For more information about the programs we support, visit our “Programs by Agency” page. We also invite you to explore the links below to learn more about OptumServe.