Proven research expertise
CNS/BH researchers come from diverse disciplines ― social work, health services research, applied economics, family social science ― and have expertise with retrospective claims and electronic health record data and with primary data collected via medical chart or survey.
Examples of research topics include pain and opioids, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, insomnia, migraine, epilepsy and seizure, depression and bipolar disorder. We publish study results in managed care, pharmacotherapy and clinical journals.
Examples of retrospective claims data projects
- Adjunctive therapy in depression
- Impact of health plan cost-saving program on pregabalin use and health care costs
- Evaluation of guideline-recommended pain medication use in patients with newly diagnosed fibromyalgia
Examples of retrospective EHR data projects
- Analysis of agitation in patients with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia by disease severity
- Linked claims and EHR analysis in depression
- Linked claims and EHR study validating lupus diagnosis codes in claims data
Examples of claims data-linked primary care projects
- Medical chart abstraction to validate claims algorithm to identify multiple sclerosis relapse
- Claims-linked survey of association between cognitive function and health care costs after antidepressant initiation