Automated coding helps reduce manual processes
John Muir Health experienced coding and CDI process challenges and needed an integrated CDI and coding technology that would provide actionable solutions to:
- Flag cases needing prioritization review in the CDI and coding workflow
- Increase automation to reduce manual processes and detect problems related to physician coding
- Provide actionable reporting data to help eliminate costly rework and reduce strain on staff
- Enhance case coverage so CDI teams could expand case reviews beyond existing Medicare and select payers
- Improve collaboration between coding and CDI teams
Optum CAC and CDI technology replaced the legacy systems at John Muir Health. Since the transition to Enterprise Computer-Assisted Coding and CDI 3D and Professional Computer-Assisted Coding, John Muir Health continues to see significant advancements in clinical intelligence and workflow automation.
Download the success story for more data and insights into how Optum supported John Muir Health to improve coding and CDI efficiency.
View the success story