1,800+ SNFs and ALCs
Where the care model is active1
served plus the District of Columbia1
Features and benefits
Collaborative care for better outcomes
Optum partners with health plans to bring specialized health care benefits, clinical support and over 25 years of experience to residents in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living communities (ALCs) and memory care units.
One of those benefits is our patient-centric model of care, led by clinicians (typically a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, often supported by an registered nurse) to coordinate and enhance the quality of care for Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan (SNP) members.
Right care. Right place. Right time.
Our care model helps prevent unnecessary ER visits and hospitalizations.
- Census stability
- Reduces hospital readmissions
- Supports HEDIS and Star metric improvement
- Ensures appropriate CMS payment
- Provides education and in-service for staff
Delivery of care
Our clinical team collaborates with the PCP, staff and other providers
- Principal point of contact
- No 3-day qualifying hospitalization
- Reduces hospital and ER visits
- Support available 24/7
- Advance care planning focus
Helping find peace of mind
Our team provides personal, one-on-one support to each member, resulting in family satisfaction and peace of mind.
- Serves as the primary contact for family and care team
- Develops relationships through face-to-face visits
- Provides ongoing family education and engagement
- Creates a personalized care plan and performs assessment
- Attends to unique needs and concerns
The biggest benefit for having Optum in a nursing facility is that they bridge the gap between the nursing staff and your medical director and the staff.– Gretchen Black, Director
Who do we help?
- 2019 Plan Year, reporting as of December 2019