FEATURES AND BENEFITS
CLIENT CASE STUDY: $14.6M IN PHARMACY SAVINGS
Many members regularly take medication to help control or reduce symptoms of chronic disease and health condition.
A large portion of drug spend is attributed to maintenance medications. That’s why it is important to take advantage of a powerful solution – the OptumRx® Home Delivery Pharmacy.
Driving mail service utilization may reduce costs, and lead to greater savings for members. Typically, switching from retail to home delivery mail can save more due to better rates and no dispensing fees.
Each new prescription goes through a minimum of 16 quality checks to help ensure each order is processed safely and accurately. The pharmacist review process throughout the mail operation ensures members get the most appropriate medication, aligned with their pharmacy benefit.
Outstanding customer service
OptumRx customer, clinical, and operational services have been widely recognized and acclaimed. Members agree — Ninety-one percent of home delivery customers are satisfied with OptumRx customer service.1
Studies show that home delivery users are more adherent to their medications.
- 16% better adherence among diabetic patients using home delivery vs.retail pharmacies2
- 14.5% increase in achieving target cholesterol levels for patients using home delivery vs. retail pharmacies3
How to Enroll in the OptumRx Home Delivery Pharmacy
- OptumRx 2015 Member Satisfaction Study.
- OptumRx Study Shows Mail Service Pharmacy Enhances Adherence for Oral Anti-Diabetic Medications among Medicare Part D Beneficiaries, July 2011.
- PCMA Press Release: New Study: Mail-Service Pharmacies Improve Outcomes for Patients Using Cholesterol Medications, July 25, 2011. This does not apply to UnitedHealthcare SignatureValue™ business administered by OptumRx.