Features and Benefits
Stop Loss is easy to sell and easy to buy
Whether companies employ 50 employees or 10,000, they have the flexibility to determine the amount of coverage they need and the amount of risk they’re willing to take. Employers may choose from different policy options and a wide range of deductibles.
Optum Stop Loss insurance minimizes risk with a policy that aligns with the plan document. It also provides:
- Advanced funding through the 365th day of the policy year
- A 12/15 incurred policy with no gaps in coverage as long as the group renews their stop loss coverage with Optum
Ease of administration
Optum delivers prompt and efficient turnaround on claims reimbursement, including:
- A dedicated claims examiner and clinical resource
- Flexibility on lock-in dates
- A dedicated Stop Loss account manager assigned to service each Stop Loss account
Experience Reward option
Our unique Experience Reward option provides a premium refund up to 15 percent of net specific Stop Loss premium for groups with excellent claims experience. Groups must renew Stop Loss coverage with Optum to be eligible to receive the Experience Reward payment.
- Read: Stop loss checklist for ASO administered groups
- Read: Stop loss checklist for TPA administered groups
- Read: Stop loss experience reward
- Read: Stop loss managed transplant program
Insurance coverage provided by or through Unimerica Insurance Company, and in California Unimerica Life Insurance Company.