Leveraging greater performance in operating rooms everywhere
Hospitals that work with Optum™ have access to unparalleled perioperative solutions that assist in making their operating rooms flexible and efficient, providing workflow efficiencies for clinicians.
In today’s volatile health care scene, the competition for patients is fierce and the need to be compliant with countless government regulations is vital. The perioperative environment is typically responsible for 35 percent of inpatient admissions, the source of over 50 percent of a hospital’s margin, and more than one third of hospital supply costs. A high performing operating room (OR) is, therefore, key to the clinical, operational and financial health of your hospital today.
With over 20 years of experience automating the perioperative arena, Optum understands this and recognizes that an OR requires high performance information systems to power it, including business intelligence, productivity tools and advanced decision support. Our intelligent perioperative suite of solutions is designed to offer you the efficiency and flexibility you need to keep your OR running at peak performance.
- Pre-op clinical decision support streamlines the entire pre-op process, applying clinical decision support to the patient’s medical history and generating patient-/case-specific teaching instructions, testing and consult recommendations for clinicians, as well as a customized set of administrative tasks that need to be completed prior to and on the day of surgery.
- OR scheduling and workflow management combines superior multifacility features with flexible local and remote scheduling tools to maximize operating room time, increase the accuracy and stability of schedules, and better utilize resources.
- Intelligent patient tracking is proven to increase throughput and uncover bottlenecks in the OR, while reducing the number of phone calls to the OR.
- OR dashboard and analytics provide robust operational and clinical decision support in every perioperative workflow process, including near real-time business activity monitoring and the unique Quality Reporting Portal that measures quality data to meet compliance.
- Intelligent supply chain automation manages supplies, updates preference cards automatically, simplifies billing and inventory control, significantly reduces waste and helps pinpoint actual costs of surgical care.
- Anesthesia Information Management System (AIMS) helps anesthesia care providers completely and accurately chart a patient’s progress throughout the surgical encounter, from pre-op through the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) and supplies the necessary information to support administrative needs such as utilization and service-line analysis, compliance and quality reporting, and billing.
- Interoperability strengthens the entire perioperative continuum from pre-admission testing, anesthesia and surgery to PACU and critical care, and shares data appropriately with other systems, including the hospital information system (HIS) and clinical systems, and collects data from medical devices such as patient monitors and infusion pumps, providing a complete picture of patient care.
Optum Anesthesia Manager, PACU Manager, OR Manager and Critical Care Manager version 8.3, 8.4 and 8.5 have been tested and certified under the InfoGard Certification program and meet the requirements as a Modular EHR system for EHR Certified Technology. These EHR Modules are 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
Optum Anesthesia Solutions Brochure Optum Perioperative Analytics and Reporting Solutions Perioperative Suite Brochure Optum Intelligent Perioperative Suite Helps Cape Cod Healthcare Increase Patient Throughput St. Jude Medical Center Anesthesia Manager Case Study University Hospitals Streamlines Processes with Optum Perioperative Suite Automating Anesthesia at Meditech Hospitals: Removing the Risk Insider’s Guide to Implementing an AIMS: 10 Factors to Consider