Having health screenings and tests are important to your good health. Understanding the results is just as important. Your test results will be the basis of your care.
Who "reads" your medical test?
It depends on the test. It may be a specially-trained doctor or a technician. They will send your doctor a report on your test. Your doctor will use this report to offer you the best care possible.
You and your doctor are a health care team
Your doctor can tell you why tests are needed. He or she can also help you understand what the results mean. Your doctor can:
- Go over your test results with you
- Tell you what the results mean to your overall health and care plan
- Talk about family history of health problems
- Give you a copy of your test results
- Tell you if more tests are needed
- See you at any needed follow-up visits