Use your time wisely
Here are ways to help your doctor help you:
- Rank your list of questions or concerns in order of importance. Talk about your top three first.
- Be honest with your doctor. Remember, your doctor only wants what’s best for you.
- Give information instead of waiting to be asked. The faster your doctor knows what the problem is, the quicker you can work on getting it fixed.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be scared or shy or feel you’re being pushy. It’s your time and you’ll feel happier when you leave if you have answers to all your questions.
- At the end, ask for a quick recap. Then you’ll know exactly what you need to do to take care of yourself after you leave.
Build a good relationship with your doctor
Research has shown that patients who have good relationships with their doctors are happier with their overall care. Working as a team with your doctor could help to:
- Find the cause and fix health problems as quickly.
- Regain strength or reach your health goals sooner.
- Enjoy better overall health and feel happier in life.