News & Events
01/14/15 — Optum Labs Research Collaborative Strengthens Collective Resource Base Through Addition of Five Leading Organizations
12/9/14 –"The Next Mayo / Remaking a Medical Giant: Mayo Seeks to Dominate with Data" via Minneapolis Star Tribune.
12/8/14 — "From AARP To Pfizer, Partners Seek Optum Labs Big Data To Improve Health" via Forbes
09/09/14 — Four New Partner Organizations Join Optum Labs Research Collaborative
07/19/14 — Health Affairs article “Optum Labs: Building a Novel Node in the Learning Health Care System” written by leaders from Optum Labs and founding partner Mayo Clinic features a detailed overview of Optum Lab’s partner driven mission, the data available to researchers and collaborators, and examples of early progress.
05/06/14 — Boston Scientific joins Optum Labs as founding medical device partner
- Global medical solutions innovator seeks to pioneer new research into effective treatments for heart failure and related cardiac conditions
02/24/14 — Pink Sheet news article, “Pfizer Seeks insights into Big Data Analysis, Personalized Medicine Through Optum Labs,” features interviews with Pfizer Vice President of Real World Data and Analytics, Marc Berger, and Optum Labs CEO Paul Bleicher
02/24/14 — Gray Sheet news article, “One Year in, Optum Labs Still Gaining Direction, Partners,” features interview with Paul Bleicher
02/13/14 — Seven Leading Health Organizations Join Optum Labs Research Collaborative
- Addition of universities, life sciences, care delivery and other organizations will strengthen Optum Labs’ mission to improve health care delivery and patient outcomes
- Partners benefit from depth of data, collaborative approach to research, scientific expertise and advanced analytics to help drive discovery of new applications and testing of new care pathways
10/15/13 — UnitedHealth Group to extend, broaden its relationship with AARP to focus more than ever on improving Americans’ health and well-being
- AARP and UnitedHealth Group have reached an agreement in principle to extend exclusive agreement through which the parties expand the relationship that began in 1997 and has helped support the health and wellness needs of millions of AARP members
- New AARP relationship with Optum Labs will help drive far-reaching research into consumer health innovation