Features and benefits
Our clinical model, providing care delivery and coordination programs for long-term skilled nursing facility (SNF) residents, serves 1,800+ SNFs and over 70,0001 members nationwide. Our model also meets CMS Model of Care requirements for ISNPs.
Our program is led by an experienced team of advanced practice clinicians (APCs) who coordinate and enhance the quality of care for members of participating ISNP plans.
Delivery of care
Our clinical team delivers care in collaboration with the primary care provider, the facility staff and other providers.
Right care. Right place. Right time.
Our model is designed to care for members in place and avoid unnecessary hospitalizations.
Our model includes after-hours and weekend phone support for member clinical issues.
“I can’t imagine running a building without the Optum product.”– Lorie Scruggs, administrator at Westbury Health and Rehab Center, Conyers, GA READ SUCCESS STORY
92% of family members are satisfied with care3
Our clinicians build one-on-one relationships with members and their family/caregivers, earning the program high marks in satisfaction surveys.
- Perform assessments and create personalized care plans
- Keep all family members/caregivers informed and involved in care
- Lead discussions on disease trajectory and care goals
In the news
[McKnight's] Nursing home care: Time for a culture shift
[FierceHealthcare] Optum CMO discusses positive ISNP study
[Annals of Long-Term-Care] Podcast discusses Optum ISNP care model
[Community Circle] Clinical VP shares insights on serving vulnerable seniors in SNFs
[Skilled Nursing News] Recap of webinar on COVID-19 in nursing homes
- 2019 plan year, reporting as of December 2019
- McGarry BE, Grabowski DC. Managed care for long-stay nursing home residents: An evaluation of Institutional Special Needs Plans. American Journal of Managed Care. 2019;25(9):400–405.
- 2018 Member Satisfaction Survey, Optum Consumer Experience Research Program.