Making a difference
Reduce transfers and save money by caring for members in place. A recent study of our model showed2:
- 38% fewer hospitalizations
- 51% fewer ED visits
- 45% fewer re-admissions
- 112% higher rate of SNF use
92% of family members are satisfied with care.3
Our clinicians build one-on-one relationships with members and their family/caregivers, earning the program high marks in satisfaction surveys.
- Perform assessments and create personalized care plans
- Keep all family members/caregivers informed and involved in care
- Lead discussions on disease trajectory and care goals
In the news
Skilled Nursing News
How Saber’s ISNP partnership with Optum gave the operator a head start on COVID-19
Nursing home care: Time for a culture shift
Optum CMO discusses positive ISNP study
Annals of Long-Term-Care
Podcast discusses Optum ISNP care model
When a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Becomes a Health Plan
This white paper addresses the challenges of launching a provider-owned ISNP.
PCPs and the Optum ISNP Care Model in SNFs
Close gaps in care and reduce fragmentation by participating in a cross-functional, team-based care experience.
Together, we care for long-term care residents.
A UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home Plan covers benefits and features beyond Medicare and Medicaid.
Let's talk about a partnership in care.
- 2019 plan year, reporting as of December 2019
- McGarry BE, Grabowski DC. Managed care for long-stay nursing home residents: An evaluation of Institutional Special Needs Plans. American Journal of Managed Care. 2019;25(9):400–405.
- 2018 Member Satisfaction Survey, Optum Consumer Experience Research Program.