Cancer Support Program
The Optum® Cancer Support Program (CSP) is an integrated approach that closes gaps in care. With CSP, members have access to a specialized nurse case manager and support from an entire team of cancer experts.
CSP nurse case managers provide network guidance, education, pain management, treatment adherence, and palliative and end-of-life care.
Ensuring the patient’s condition is properly managed helps avoid hospitalizations, emergency department visits and inappropriate treatment, thus reducing the total cost of care for clients.
- Participant Net Promoter Score® of 685
- Cancer Support Program is used to support of 17 million+ members across multiple clients6
Cancer Guidance Program
The Cancer Guidance Program (CGP) is a utilization management service for oncology treatments that leverages technology and appropriate clinical intervention from oncology clinicians to ensure members are receiving high-quality medical care at lower costs. It reviews use of both medical oncology and radiation oncology treatments.
View Available Oncology Pathways
CGP supports 29 million members across multiple clients. The program has 7 case studies demonstrating a 4:1+ ROI.7
- 85% of requests entered by provider through CGP website (time frame: 2022–2023)8
- 96% preferred product adherence (time frame: 2022–2023)8
- 20% adherence in pathway adoption (time frame: 2022–2023)8
The Specialty Guidance Program (SGP) and CGP are closely connected. CGP focuses on cancer conditions, while SGP focuses on specialty non-cancer conditions.
Cancer Resource Services
Cancer Resource Services (CRS) provides access to top-performing cancer centers across the country, known as our Cancer Centers of Excellence (COE) network. It is particularly useful for individuals looking for a second opinion on their cancer diagnosis or treatment.
The Optum COE network includes 39 leading cancer centers that meet strict evaluation criteria such as:
- A multidisciplinary approach to care
- Program depth and breadth
- Best-practices medicine
- Patient- and family-oriented programs and services
- Patient volumes
- Treatment planning and coordination
- High-quality clinical research
- Patient safety
- 50,000+ members supported since 20019
- Plans save on average $14,000 each time they use an Optum COE9
Value-based care and oncology practice consulting
Optum Health experts will work with providers to implement incentives for quality initiatives and and evidence-based clinical pathway adherence. By supporting providers in practice transformation and performance reporting analytics, the quality of care will improve and the value of cancer care will improve.
Learn more about our solutions
Learn more about all Optum Oncology Solutions and the many benefits that could help you.
Stay on top of the latest insights in cancer treatment.
Specialty Guidance Program
Learn about what's new in the Specialty Guidance Program and all the benefits it provides.