High costs of treating CKD and ESRD
Chronic kidney disease is progressive and often evolves slowly with few symptoms. As the disease progresses, the prevalence of other, simultaneous conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease increases.1 Individuals who have reached the disease’s end stage (ESRD) must go on dialysis and may begin to be hospitalized frequently. These complexities contribute to the high costs of treating CKD and ESRD.
Identifying and treating every stage of chronic kidney disease
We offer a range of products and services to address kidney disease concerns. Whether an employee is in the early stages of chronic kidney disease or experiencing kidney failure, we offer comprehensive solutions.
By addressing lifestyle, diet and management of underlying conditions, our comprehensive kidney disease program engages employees in mid- to late-stage CKD to positively impact outcomes and control costs. Our experienced nurse advocates help your employees coordinate care, delay or avoid dialysis, and mitigate risks associated with comorbidities.
Using national clinical guidelines for treatment and evidence-based medicine, our pre-dialysis program includes:
- Early disease identification and management through provider referrals and comprehensive claims-mining capabilities
- Education on a kidney-friendly lifestyle and options for treatment, including pre-emptive transplant
- Management by a nephrologist for individuals with stages 4 and 5 diseases
- Slow disease progression by working to manage the underlying cause(s) of kidney failure and prevent further kidney damage
- Reduced medical complications associated with the disease
- Managed transitions to dialysis via proactive planning and quality, in-network dialysis facilities