Optum Expands I.T. Services to Help Hospitals Modernize Their Technology Infrastructure, Meet Rapidly Changing Needs of Care Providers and Patients
Posted: April 15, 2015
- Analytics Data Warehousing and I.T. Infrastructure Services support more data-driven decisions for patient care and quality while reducing costs
- Healthcare strategic alliance with Cisco brings intuitive and innovative tools patients can use to interact with hospitals, health care resources and their care team
- Optum to present full array of products, tools and services for hospital IT modernization at HIMSS15 April 12 – 16 in Chicago
WAKEFIELD, Mass., April 13, 2015 – Optum, a leading health services company, is offering expanded I.T. services to help hospitals modernize their technology infrastructure. These services will facilitate better access to information, analytics and tools for making data-driven decisions about treatments, resource management and costs.
To help hospital systems make information more accessible to key decision-makers, and facilitate easier, more effective analysis and communication of critical information between all participants, Optum is now offering:
- Optum Analytics Data Warehouse Services that integrates a hospital’s clinical, financial and supply chain data and drives analytics that support data-driven decisions about care delivery and spending. It also helps hospitals identify trends affecting patient care, cost and quality.
- Optum I.T. Infrastructure Services – scalable resources for system management and operations that transforms operations to increase agility, centralize and standardize processes, and improves service levels across the entire organization.
- Optum Smart Connection Solutions helps hospitals strengthen their relationships with patients before, during and after their care with simple, unified applications and services accessible via personal mobile devices and technologies within their facilities.
Optum Smart Connection Solutions taps leading-edge networking, communications and collaboration technologies of Cisco, the leading provider of networking, communications and collaboration technologies.
“At Optum, we’re working to simplify, streamline and humanize the use of technology by care teams and patients,” said Bill Miller, chief executive officer, OptumInsight. “Combining Cisco’s expertise in establishing smart, connected environments with Optum’s unmatched data resources and analytical capabilities will advance the ability of health I.T. systems to meet the changing needs of patients, clinicians and administrators.”
“Optum will be Cisco’s partner in bringing Internet of Everything concepts to the health system,” said Randy Pond, senior vice president of operations, Cisco. “Optum understands the power of information to make the health care system more responsive to the needs of patients, and to make day-to-day tasks simpler for medical professionals, so they can focus on caring for people. Some of our first efforts will be aimed specifically at helping hospitals differentiate themselves with services that dramatically enhance patient experiences.”
By bringing additional proven expertise and capabilities to health care providers, Optum is addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing health care providers today: enhancing and optimizing I.T. systems in a fast-changing environment. Optum’s enhanced I.T., data and analytics management and integration services for hospitals draw upon decades of experience providing these capabilities to life sciences companies, public health agencies and health plans.
A range of Optum’s products, services and tools aimed at helping providers optimize their performance in fee-for-service and fee-for-value payment models will be shown at the HIMSS15 conference in Chicago, April 12-16. Attendees are encouraged to visit the Optum exhibit space (booth 6603) to try hands-on demonstrations and learn how Optum can help them improve clinical quality and reduce administrative costs.
Optum is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. Optum delivers intelligent, integrated solutions to modernize the health system and improve overall population health. For more information, visit www.optum.com.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.