News & Events
02/13/14 — Seven Leading Health Organizations Join Optum Labs Research Collaborative
- Addition of universities, life sciences, care delivery and other organizations will strengthen Optum Labs’ mission to improve health care delivery and patient outcomes
- Partners benefit from depth of data, collaborative approach to research, scientific expertise and advanced analytics to help drive discovery of new applications and testing of new care pathways
10/15/13 — UnitedHealth Group to extend, broaden its relationship with AARP to focus more than ever on improving Americans’ health and well-being
- AARP and UnitedHealth Group have reached an agreement in principle to extend exclusive agreement through which the parties expand the relationship that began in 1997 and has helped support the health and wellness needs of millions of AARP members
- New AARP relationship with Optum Labs will help drive far-reaching research into consumer health innovation
Oct. 2013 — Dr. John Noseworthy, president and CEO of Mayo Clinic, publishes a blog post titled ‘A Perspective on the Future of Health Care with The Harvard Business Review’, and highlights Optum Labs as a resource to both reduce cost and improve quality in the emerging science of health care delivery.
Sept. 2013 — Paul Bleicher participates in a keynote Q&A session with Mark Hayward of Mayo Clinic on Optum Labs as a “Center for Cross-Industry Open Collaboration in Health Care Research and Innovation” at the StrataRx Conference 2013 in New York, NY.
May 2013 ― Andy Slavitt, group executive vice president of Optum and Dr. John Noseworthy, president and CEO of Mayo Clinic, speak about “When Will ‘Big Data’ be Big Enough” at the Health Evolution Partners Summit in Dana Point, CA, and share insights into why Mayo Clinic and Optum are working together to harness the power of Big Data.
1/15/13 ― Optum, Mayo Clinic partner to launch Optum Labs: An open, collaborative research and innovation facility focused on better care for patients
- Other participants from health care, science and academia expected to share insights and pursue solutions that improve health outcomes for people
- Optum and Mayo Clinic to combine extensive, de-identified clinical and claims data to help care providers create the most effective approaches to care