COBRA Benefit Administration Services
Staying compliant with COBRA
As an employer, you are required to comply with all federal and state laws governing continuing benefits for employees, former employees and their beneficiaries. We can help you stay compliant.
Comply with federal and state laws governing continuing benefits for employees, former employees and their beneficiaries with COBRA Benefit Administration Services from Optum™. We take care of required notices, forms and billing. Plus, we will administer COBRA and state continuation benefits fairly and professionally.
Why choose Optum?
- Help ensure your compliance. We keep you abreast of emerging statutes, regulations and court cases that impact COBRA administration, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and state continuation benefits updates.
- Get your questions answered. A designated account manager is your go-to person to answer your questions or put you in touch with technical experts.
- Easily accessible. If your plan sponsors and beneficiaries want to manage benefit status and other information, they can do so any time online.
Features of our COBRA Benefit Administration Services:
- Easy COBRA administration installation. We'll set up your program and transition your qualifying beneficiaries.
- Comprehensive communications. We'll take care of required notices, forms to participants, and communicate COBRA elections and terminations to plan carriers.
- Consolidated payments. We'll send you a monthly check for all premiums received during the month.
- Automated reports. We'll send you detailed monthly reports of all COBRA activity.
Benefits of our COBRA Benefit Administration Services:
- Benefit from experience. Work with a professional COBRA administrator to address the risks of fines, penalties, litigation and claims rejection.
- Work efficiently. Cut costs and increase productivity because you won’t have to spend time training and updating staff about ongoing statutory, regulatory and case law developments.