Retiree Reimbursement Accounts
Provide custom-designed retiree health care solutions
Retiree Reimbursement Accounts are benefit plans that help individuals and their families pay for health care costs in retirement. With a plan administered by Optum™, you can offer beneficiaries online claims status and account management as well as direct deposit of their reimbursements for eligible medical expenses.
Optum™ offers retiree solutions for private and public sector employers. With Retiree Reimbursement Accounts, you can offer or sustain a valued benefit on financial terms that make sense for your organization.
Why choose Optum for Retiree Reimbursement Accounts?
- Use our experience to guide you. We understand the complex financial needs of private- and public-sector employers. Today, we administer more than three million health accounts for active employees and retirees.
- We can help. Thousands of employers have selected Optum Financial Services to provide health care accounts to their employees and retirees. We can help you, too.
Features of Optum Retiree Reimbursement Accounts:
- No age restrictions. Eligible employees can take distributions from their accounts to pay for eligible medical expenses at any time following retirement, regardless of age.
- Premium payments can be covered. Individuals can use their funds to pay for eligible health plan premiums, such as Medigap coverage.
- Survivor protection. Ensure funds are transferred to a surviving spouse or dependents to pay for medical expenses if an employee or retiree dies.
- Tax savings. Individuals may enjoy tax advantages while still working and income-tax free distributions following retirement.
Benefits of our Retiree Reimbursement Accounts:
- Cut costs. Save on administration costs. We manage and process all claims and reimbursements.
- Protect yourself. Limit your contributions to reduce your financial exposure to future medical inflation.
- Beef up your benefits. Attract the best and the brightest with a smart, valued benefits package that your competitors may not offer.