Health Savings Accounts
Help your employees pay for qualified health expenses tax-free
A Health Savings Account (HSA) through Optum™ can help you offer your employees a richer benefit package, all while lowering your administrative overhead.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged account people can use to save and pay for qualified health care expenses. Your employees own and manage their HSAs, giving them an incentive to control their spending and make the most of their health care dollars. Individuals never lose the money, it rolls over year after year and they can even use it in retirement. As an employer, you may choose to contribute to your employees’ HSAs as part of their benefits plans.
Account owners must be covered by HSA-eligible, high-deductible health plans to make deposits or have others contribute to their HSAs. The IRS reviews and updates annual HSA-eligible plan definitions and individual and family contribution limits annually.
Why choose an Optum™ Bank HSA?
- We’re a bank dedicated to health care. Optum Bank, Member FDIC, is the leading HSA Bank with more than one million accounts and over $2 billion in assets*.
- Use our experience to guide you. We’ve helped thousands of businesses introduce Health Savings Accounts to their employees. We can show you how, too. Just use our step-by-step action plans and engagement tools.
- Easy for you and your employees. Online banking and the Optum Bank HSA Debit MasterCard® give people the tools to manage their accounts. For employers, we have online HSA plan enrollment and management tools and a dedicated employer support team.
Features of Optum HSAs:
- Easy Access. Account holders enjoy 24/7 account access with easy-to-use self-service tools. Employers can manage their HSA program online and download employee enrollment and education tools.
- Three account options. Choose an HSA that suits your employees’ saving and spending needs. Optum Bank offers three account choices. One is a low-cost, no-interest account. The other two have monthly fees, competitive tiered interest rates and options to invest in mutual funds.
- Seamless integration. Add an HSA without adding hassle — Optum Bank HSAs will work with any eligible high-deductible health plan.
- Investment options. Give your employees the option to use some of their money to invest for the long term including using their HSA as a retirement vehicle. Optum offers a large variety of mutual funds for diversification and greater potential growth over time.
- Triple tax advantage. The money your employees contribute to an HSA is pre-tax, it grows tax-free and it withdrawn tax-free when used for qualified medical expenses.
- No “use it or lose it” rule. Your employees can build savings over time for future health care expenses, even in retirement.
Benefits of our HSAs:
- Beef up your benefits. You can choose to make tax-deductible contributions to your employees’ accounts.
- Help employees save. Employees’ contributions reduce their federal taxable income (and their state income tax, too, in most states).
- Cut costs. Spend less on administration — employees are responsible for verifying and paying for expenses and reporting taxes on account distributions.
- Attract talent. HSAs are a smart, flexible benefit that can distinguish you when competing for skilled workers.
Let the experts at Optum walk you through:
- Enrollment and contribution methods
- Engagement strategies and tools such as education, videos and calculators
- Competitive fee structure and interest rates
Optum Bank is dedicated to health care banking and has more than $2 billion in assets under management*. Visit our website at www.OptumBank.com.
Call 1-866-427-6804 or e-mail email@example.com to add an Optum Bank HSA to your benefit plan.